A global financial place
Who are we ?
The public authorities in Ile de France (Paris region) have created services dedicated to foreign companies in the financial sector and their employees that wish to be located in Ile de France, in the heart of the European Union. We get involved in the earliest phase (to provide you with precise and concrete information), support you throughout your decision-making process, and will be at your side during the physical set-up phase of your employees and their families.
Do you have questions about supervision and regulation of the financial sector ?
Your choice of where next to locate your business in the European Union greatly depends on regulatory conditions and the application methods from which you may benefit in the chosen host country: our investment advisors will answer your questions on taxation, legal structure and setup formalities, and will put you in touch with the regulatory authorities, which will provide you with technical answers on the processes specific to the financial sector.
In summary :
- a secure and pragmatic supervision environment, promoting “intelligent regulation”
- a financial center of excellence in terms of security and suitable regulation, with a favorable approach to business
- a constructive and structured permanent dialogue has been entered into between the public authorities and financial institutions (the average time to grant approval to an asset management company is approximately 75 days, and approximately 20 days is sufficient for approval of a fund);
- Paris accommodates a very significant number of large financial institutions (five banks from among the 20 largest European banks are French) and lists more than 500 foreign financial operators
- Paris gives access to the largest stock market in the Eurozone in terms of market capitalization, equity trading and number of listed companies and constitutes the leading European financial market for corporate bonds
- a dense and buoyant asset management ecosystem (634 asset management companies, including four from the top 20 worldwide)
- a responsive regulator
- Paris accommodates the International Court of Arbitration of the Paris International Chamber of Commerce
- the excellence of French schools in the area of finance is recognized worldwide: six French schools feature among the 12 best masters in finance courses (FT, 2016). As a result, tens of thousands of people trained in France currently work in London in the financial sector
Your approach to the real estate market
Our investment advisors will inform you about the climate of the real estate market in Ile de France, and will put you in touch with the various private and public operators. Ile de France offers companies the largest business district in Europe and a very competitive available supply, combined with a rapidly developing public transport system as part of the “Grand Paris” project investments (programs involving a total of €28 billion).
In summary :
Rental costs ranging from €80 to €600 per square meter and per year.
Various flexible and adapted real estate solutions, from co-working to buying premises, to business centers or commercial rentals:
• the commercial lease, the most commonly used formula: concluded for a statutory term of 9 years, which can be terminated on the tenant’s initiative every three years. Rent increases are monitored and capped.
• the long lease, a very long-term solution: particularly suited to industrial activities or those that involve a slow increase in profitability. Its term is from 18 to 99 years.
• the professional lease, essentially for non-trading professions. It is signed for a term of at least six years for office rentals.
• buying under a property finance lease is very widespread: transfer of ownership on expiry of a property finance lease agreement, generally from 9 to 15 years.
We will explain to you how the labor market works in France and relay your needs to the public and private services involved, in terms of both cost and recruitment. France has a pool of exceptional and available talent; Ile de France has more than 12 million inhabitants and a very high quality system of training in science, law and business.
In summary :
Each year French schools train at least 30,000 engineers, as many as the American schools (Commission des Titres d’Ingénieurs - Engineering Accreditation Commission). The Financial Times’ 2016 ranking of masters in management courses, which lists the ninety best business schools worldwide, highly rated the business schools of metropolitan France once again. With twenty-four of its master’s degree courses featured in this renowned list, France is far ahead of the United Kingdom (sixteen master’s degrees listed), Germany and the Netherlands (five each).
-The excellence of French schools in the area of finance is recognized worldwide:
- six French schools feature among the 12 best masters in finance courses (FT, 2016). As a result, tens of thousands of people trained in France currently work in London in the financial sector
- due to the excellence of its scientific programs, France provides some of the best quantitative analysts in the world: the “Quant Valley” initiative aims to create synergies between quantitative analysis companies, universities and the financial markets authorities.
The life of your employees and their families
We can help you with the administrative formalities required for expatriation, and will provide you with advice to make their stay in France successful – in terms of housing, education and social activities.
In summary :
We can steer the families of your employees towards organizations that can help them and provide a suitable public or private service offer, such as town councils and associations (including for expatriates), training institutions, particularly language ones, and establishments offering certification courses.
The state school system in Ile de France is free for all children, who are allocated a school depending on where they live.
Private networks provide education to children wishing to benefit from courses taught in foreign languages.
There are 8000 places in Ile de France on courses called “international programs” (state and private high schools) that partly teach in various foreign languages. These are paths of excellence.
School enrolment applications for children in Ile de France, for primary and secondary schools, will be processed by the regional Préfecture (office of the Prefect), which will guide families according to their needs and their place of residence, in connection with the region’s three education authorities.
Expatriation and vocational stays in France
If your employees are not or will no longer be European Union citizens, they will need a residence permit, authorizing them to live and work in France. Our investment advisors will explain to you the procedures involved and will relay your requests to the public authorities quickly and efficiently.
In summary :
The law of March 2016 relating to the rights of foreigners in France has the dual objective of better securing the integration of foreign nationals and contributing to the attractiveness of the region, and introduces the rollout of the principle of allocating long-term residence permits:
• Creation of the “Talent Passport”, a residence permit with a validity of four years for highly qualified employees and employees on an intra-group assignment in particular; for families: granting the “talent passport – family” residence permit to the spouse of the principal applicant, guaranteeing identical treatment for the family and direct access to the job market
• Creation of the “ICT posted employee” residence permit for three years reserved for intra-group posting; the family accompanying the posted employee benefits from the “posted employee – family” residence permit, granting direct access to salaried employment.
For short stays, foreign employees carrying out assignments in France for less than 90 days are exempt from having to obtain authorization to work in certain fields, listed by decree.
Contact us and agree on an appointment
Find out more
Find out more
about Ile de France